Some Common Misconceptions about Sex
- The penis can become erect at very early stage, especially in a young man. This does not mean that he is necessarily ready the for intercourse and he may start too soon - before his partner feels ready. She may become anxious as she feels she is keeping him waiting.
- Vaginal lubrication may remain hidden especially in lying down positions. Both partners may assume she is not responding, when in fact she is. Penis gives a more obvious signal which the vagina may not.
- Arousal comes in waves in both the man and the woman. This is normal. The decline doesn't mean that something is wrong.
- Premature ejaculation (coming too soon, before the partner is ready) is normal in young men, particularly when very much aroused. Control comes with learning and practice.
- Many women may not have orgasm but are fully responsive. This doesn’t mean that they are frigid.
- Early sexual relationships may not have orgasms in women. Partners need not worry. Anxiety further inhibits it.
- The husband snoring one minute after ejaculating can produce resentment if the wife is still feeling the need for intimacy. The men have their refractory period (time during which sexual arousal is difficult) very fast. Woman need not feel upset (as if being used as a sleeping pill) - you can wake up your husband sometimes and let him know.
For Direct Consultation & Sex Therapy
Dr.D.Senthil Kumar, B.H.M.S., M.D (Alt Med)., M.Phil(Psy)
Consulting Homoeopath & Psychologist cum Sex Educator
*Member-Council of Sex Education and Parenthood (International)
*Member-International Association of Sexual Educators Counselors & Therapists-London-UK
*Associate Member (Life) - Indian Association of Clinical Psychologist
Vivekanantha Homeo clinic & Psychological Counseling Center
8, Rajaji Salai
Chennai Camp Clinic:
Every Sunday 02.30 pm to 6.00pm
(Consultation By Appointment Only)
To get Appointment Mail us
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional secrecy will be maintained
(Your complaints and other Details should be kept very confidential)